The Gezirah Palace resemble the palace in France, Versailles, The purpose for this palace was to host the French Empress Eugénie who was invited along with her husband the French Emperor Napoleon III and other European monarchs the Suez Canal inauguration celebrations that took place in 1869.
So to see the quantity and the quality of the furnishings – including this gold table and exquisite clock – being of a very french styling is not surprising.
For more information about Marriott Hotel
- Big Chair – Hamish at the Marriott Hotel
- Egypt Leg of the Tour starts at the Marriott Hotel
- Hallway to get to Breakfast – Marriott Hotel
- Hamish at the Marriott in Cairo feeling very brave
- Hamish waiting for Lunch at the Marriott Hotel – Cairo
- Hamish – Coffee every morning
- Marriott Hotel – Ball Room
- Marriott Hotel – Bread Making
- Marriott Hotel – French Furniture
- Marriott Hotel – Hamish at the Bakery
- Marriott Hotel – Lighting
- Marriott Hotel – Market
- Marriott Hotel – Staircases
- Marriott Hotel in Cairo
- Marriott Hotel – History to High Tea!!
- Marriott Hotel – Hotel Rooms
- Marriott Hotel – Lead Light Windows
- Marriott Hotel – Staircase to the Lobby
- Outdoor Pots at the Marriott
- Swimming Pool at the Marriott
- View of the Marriott Hotel, Cairo