After a fairly long day from the Dead Sea, through Jericho and Beit She’an , we arrived at our accommodation at Ein Gev. The Kibbutz is located on the Eastern side of the Sea of Galilee.
The resort is right along side the water – a short walk from our Room and we were on the waters edge.
The view looking through the palms across the still waters of the Sea seeing a “Jesus” boat with a cross on it made me think of how the story in the Bible describes a large storm on the Sea. When you see the water, and how close the other side of the Sea is, it is hard to imagine how rough it could become. But they do say it can get very rough – particular when wind comes down the valleys and over the water.
The Sea of Galilee is also known by many names – just like a lot of places in Israel. Lake Tiberius, Kinneret, Lake of Gennesaret. It is the largest Fresh Water Lake in Israel and has an area of 166 square kilometres. It is 21 kilometres long and 13 kilometres long. It is also around 210 metres below sea level and part of the Great Rift Valley that extends through the Middle east and down the eastern side of Africa.
It is a very special location. This is the area that Jesus spent much of his time.
For more information about Galilee Area
- 2014-04-02 – Acre to Galilee
- 2014-04-03 Galilee and the Golan Heights area
- Galilee – Capernaum
- Galilee – Capernaum Synagogue
- Galilee – Churches of Fishes and Loaves
- Galilee – Jesus Boat
- Galilee – Known by many names
- Galilee – looking North
- Galilee – Looking on the shore of the Sea of Galilee
- Galilee – Mount of Beatitudes
- Galilee – Sailing on the Sea of Galilee
- Galilee – St Peters House
- Galilee – Tiberias in the Morning
- Galilee – Time for a Swim anytime