Hamish loves to take adventures when on holidays – and climbing to the summit of Mt Sinai is something he just didn’t want to miss out on.
He really enjoyed the view from the top of the Mt Sinai – looking out over the early morning sunrise after starting the ascent by camel and then hitching a ride with me for the 700 odd steps to the summit from the Bedouin Hut.
The thing that Hamish really enjoyed was meeting many people from around the world at the summit.
Lots of people were at the summit, and the view was really great. After the photo opportunities with the sunrise had past, we made our way back down to the camels at the Bedouin Hut. Hamish just had to hop up one more time so we could take a photo of him on the camel because it was far to dark to get a good photo when we came up the side of the Mountain.
For more information on Mt Sinai
- 2014-03-26 – Mt Sinai – St Katherines to Eilat
- Climbing Mt Sinai – just a few steps!!
- Descending from the Summit of Mt Sinai
- Hamish climbs Mt Sinai
- Ninja Turtle – St Katherine – Sinai Peninsula
- Not a blade of Grass – St Katherine – Sinai Peninsula
- St Katherine Monastery – Egypt
- St Katherine – Accommodation – Mt Sinai
- The Climb up Mt Sinai – Hamish makes the climb
- View from the Summit of Mt Sinai at Sunrise
- What you need to take when climbing Mt Sinai