Petra is well known for the carved facade of the Treasury Building which featured in the Indiana Jones movie – but the Ancient City extends over a large area and there are many things to see. The Tombs have entrances and large carvings that would have been done by the Nabataeans.
The Tombs that we see today have been eroded by the weather, but it takes little imagination to appreciate the detail of the work that has been done to create these unique features in the rock face.
These two photos are just a sample of the carvings that exist.
For more information about Petra
- 2014-03-27 – Eilat – Timna Park – Petra
- 2014-03-28 – Petra – Petra to Amman
- Petra – Siq
- Petra – Sunset
- Petra – Cart hooked up to pole.
- Petra – Landscape
- Petra – One of the New Seven Wonders of the World
- Petra – Roman Influence
- Petra – Taybet Zaman Petra Resort
- Petra – The Treasury
- Petra – Tombs in the Ancient City
- Petra – Transport in and out of Ancient Petra