Runners can have issues keeping track of the number of times that they need to run around the circular track for the distance events. So apart from the judging of who goes across the line first, John Dalziel keeps track of the number of times when runners go around. He changes that numbers on each lap – but on the last lap – he rings the bell !!!
When the runners are running 3200 Metre, which is 8 laps, and the runners spread out a bit over that distance – this can be a challenge – you can have runners approaching the finish line and runners that are still having 1 lap to go !! No wonder he has such a serious face.
For more information about the Stawell Gift
- Australia Post Stawell Gift Final Start in 2013
- Australia Post Stawell Gift – in Tanzania
- Australia Post Stawell Gift – Paying attention
- Colour Kids at the Stawell Gift
- Gift Winners Gift – the Start
- Judges at the Stawell Gift
- Robert Irvine – Presenter at the Australia Post Stawell Gift
- Stawell Gift – Family Affair
- Stawell Gift Preparations
- Stawell Gift Preparations – How many people does it take ??
- Stawell Gift Track – 2013
- Stawell Gift – Bell Lap
- Stawell Gift – Colour Kid
- Women’s Gift – Australia Post Stawell Gift