A lot of preparation goes into getting ready for the Stawell Gift. On the Thursday afternoon we start measuring in the track, mark the lanes and getting signage and tents organised. Then early on Friday Morning, we continue by getting the handicap marks put in, lane ropes and finish gates all in place ready for the start of competition on Saturday Morning.
Zachary helped this year and, during a bit of a break, borrowed one of my cameras and got down really low and took this great photo of the line marking machine on the Gift Track as we measured in handicap marks every 25 cm.
Well done Zac.
For more information about the Stawell Gift
- Australia Post Stawell Gift Final Start in 2013
- Australia Post Stawell Gift – in Tanzania
- Australia Post Stawell Gift – Paying attention
- Colour Kids at the Stawell Gift
- Gift Winners Gift – the Start
- Judges at the Stawell Gift
- Robert Irvine – Presenter at the Australia Post Stawell Gift
- Stawell Gift – Family Affair
- Stawell Gift Preparations
- Stawell Gift Preparations – How many people does it take ??
- Stawell Gift Track – 2013
- Stawell Gift – Bell Lap
- Stawell Gift – Colour Kid
- Women’s Gift – Australia Post Stawell Gift