The pressure that a runner is under when participating at the Australia Post Stawell Gift is quite intense. Many photos show how runners must run through “gates” at the finish line – there to enable timing of individual lanes to occur. What is not recognised as often, is the running between lane ropes rather than having white lines on the track and the creation of a sort of tunnel that the runners must run down.
This photo was taken before the start of running on Easter Monday looking down the Yellow lane – all 120 metres of the track.
For more information about the Stawell Gift
- Australia Post Stawell Gift Final Start in 2013
- Australia Post Stawell Gift – in Tanzania
- Australia Post Stawell Gift – Paying attention
- Colour Kids at the Stawell Gift
- Gift Winners Gift – the Start
- Judges at the Stawell Gift
- Robert Irvine – Presenter at the Australia Post Stawell Gift
- Stawell Gift – Family Affair
- Stawell Gift Preparations
- Stawell Gift Preparations – How many people does it take ??
- Stawell Gift Track – 2013
- Stawell Gift – Bell Lap
- Stawell Gift – Colour Kid
- Women’s Gift – Australia Post Stawell Gift