As I have said in an earlier post, the number of Fruit and Vegetable shops on corners has been very interesting. Jericho is the oldest city in the world – and the shop in this photo, whilst not the oldest, looked in pretty poor condition. Regardless, the variety and colour of the fruit and vegetables on the footpath area was very diverse.
Again, because I was in a foreign country, the only sort of fruit I would eat would be something that could be washed with bottled drinking water or something I could peel.
I have found these shops added a great deal of interest during our travels
For more information about Jericho
- 2014-04-04 – Galilee to Jerusalem via Jericho
- Jericho – Archaeological Digs
- Jericho – Elisha Springs Fountain
- Jericho – Fruit and Veg Shop
- Jericho – Sycamore Tree
- Jericho – Temptation Mount