Looking from the Muhammad Ali Mosque back towards the City of Cairo, you start to see realise how large it is. The most noticeable thing that is very clear is the Smoke – not just smog. The smoke that seems to follow all the way up the Nile River is quite thick.
I have read that it is possible to see the Pyramids from the Mosque – but with the smoke, I really question whether this is ever possible.
For more information on Muhammad Ali Mosque
- 2014-03-23 – Cairo
- Muhammad Ali Mosque – Courtyard
- Muhammad Ali Mosque – Domes
- Muhammad Ali Mosque – Part of the Citadel of Salah al-Din
- Muhammad Ali Mosque – Tomb
- Muhammed Ali Mosque – Correct Clothing Etiquette
- Muhammed Ali Mosque – Minarets at the Mosque
- Muhammed Ali Mosque – the Niche facing Mecca
- Muhammed Ali Mosque – View of Cairo from the Mosque