As I included in an earlier post, the Romans occupied Petra for quite a period of time so consequently, there is a Roman influence with some of the structures. As shown in the photograph above, there are a number of Roman style pillars near the Amphitheatre that was carved into the rock face as shown in the photograph below.
For more information about Petra
- 2014-03-27 – Eilat – Timna Park – Petra
- 2014-03-28 – Petra – Petra to Amman
- Petra – Siq
- Petra – Sunset
- Petra – Cart hooked up to pole.
- Petra – Landscape
- Petra – One of the New Seven Wonders of the World
- Petra – Roman Influence
- Petra – Taybet Zaman Petra Resort
- Petra – The Treasury
- Petra – Tombs in the Ancient City
- Petra – Transport in and out of Ancient Petra