As stated in a earlier post, the walk into Ancient Petra is a downhill walk. The distance from the entrance to Ancient Petra is just under 2 kilometres – but there are other means of getting in and out. There are camels that can be hired, as are shown above, and horses, as shown below. There are also Horse and Carriage available for hire.
Whilst the walk into Petra is not too bad, it is an uphill walk from Ancient Petra back to the Main Entrance. Some people may wish to take this method either into or from the ancient city, or both ways.
For more information about Petra
- 2014-03-27 – Eilat – Timna Park – Petra
- 2014-03-28 – Petra – Petra to Amman
- Petra – Siq
- Petra – Sunset
- Petra – Cart hooked up to pole.
- Petra – Landscape
- Petra – One of the New Seven Wonders of the World
- Petra – Roman Influence
- Petra – Taybet Zaman Petra Resort
- Petra – The Treasury
- Petra – Tombs in the Ancient City
- Petra – Transport in and out of Ancient Petra